- Executive Director
- Health Promotion Advisor (Fixed Contract)
Alcohol Healthwatch (AHW) is a registered charitable trust based in offices in Newmarket, Auckland, and has been operating for over 30 years. For more information, visit www.ahw.org.nz.
We deliver a range of health promotion services across Aotearoa New Zealand, aimed at reducing alcohol-related harm and inequities. Our core services are funded by Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand.
We are currently looking for an Executive Director to lead a small team of committed professionals dedicated to reducing and preventing alcohol-related harm through effective health promotion. In this unique and exciting role, we are seeking someone who has a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi, equity and a desire to improve community health and wellbeing.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the skills, knowledge and experience to:
- Provide strategic leadership for the team and the sector to advance evidence-based public policy and practice to reduce alcohol-related harm;
- Develop and implement Strategic and Operational Plans according to the objectives of the Trust and as approved by the Trust Board;
- Manage contractual relationships with funders and external organisations, including reporting;
- Manage finances and assets; and seek further funding opportunities to achieve the organisation’s objectives,
- Ensure the organisation has up-to-date policies and procedures; and operates in accordance with these,
- Recruit and manage staff and ensure the efficient and effective delivery of services.
- Grow capacity and capability in others to take action to reduce alcohol-related harm
- Give effect to Te Tiriti of Waitangi in the delivery of our services;
We offer a flexible and supportive work environment.
For position description and application details see www.ahw.org.nz or contact Acting Executive Director Ph: 09 520 7035 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close end Sunday 5th March 2023
To apply, please email your application (i.e. cover letter, application form, CV) to email@example.com.
Executive Director - Application Form Executive Director - Position Description
Health Promotion Advisor – Fixed term (to end December 2023)
Alcohol Healthwatch is a registered charity with a mission to prevent and reduce alcohol-related harm affecting individuals, family/whanau and communities. We are equity-focused and passionate about building healthy communities and safer environments.
Based in Newmarket, Auckland we are funded by the Te Whatu Ora/Health New Zealand to plan and deliver a range of evidence-based health promotion initiatives to prevent and reduce alcohol harm and associated inequities. We work at every level and across sectors to build healthy public policy, create supportive environments, and strengthen community capacity to take action. We also seek to raise awareness and understanding of alcohol-related harm in Aotearoa New Zealand and build capacity to reduce harm and save lives.
About the role
We are looking for a Health Promotion Advisor to support our work in reducing alcohol-related harm and associated inequities. This is an opportunity for a resourceful person to utilise their critical thinking skills to support the development of a range of projects and interventions that make a real difference in our communities.
Please note that this is a fixed term position to the end of December 2023.
The key tasks you will be responsible for delivering;
- Building and maintaining relationships with communities and partner organisations
- Amplifying the voice of New Zealanders with lived experience of alcohol harm
- Seeking, sourcing and collating research and information on alcohol-related harm
- Co-ordinating and leading meetings, workshops and forums
- Developing and implementing project plans to achieve sustainable change
- Developing communication materials to support the activities of Alcohol Healthwatch
- Responding efficiently to requests for information and advice.
The role requires someone who has experience in social and/or health sectors, health promotion and cultural competence. You will be comfortable working in a small team and used to working at pace to deliver on key tasks. You will have good imagination, vision, and be passionate about eliminating inequities in alcohol-related harm.
To be successful in this role, you will also need:
- a recognised tertiary qualification in a relevant field (e.g., public health, education, social science)
- to demonstrate sound working knowledge and understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, especially as it applies to improving health outcomes for Māori and eliminating health inequities
- proven ability in developing and maintaining relationships and networks with a wide range of stakeholders
- excellent written and oral communication skills.
Further specifications are outlined in the Position Description. Applicants must complete the Application Form, and have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
How to apply
For more information please contact Suzanne by email firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please email your application (i.e. cover letter, application form, CV) to email@example.com. Be sure to set out in your cover letter why you’d like to join the team and why you believe you’re a fit for the role.
Applications close on Friday 24th February 2023.
Position Description Application Form