- Dec 2015: Newsletter - Issue 2 Research Update
- Dec 2015: Newsletter - Issue 3 Special Edition GAPC
- “To help inform the proposed FASD Action Plan for Aotearoa, the Government has just released an FASD discussion document ‘Taking Action on Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)’. Consultation will be open until the 26th of February 2016. For further information and a copy of the discussion document click here
- Feb 2016 - Workshops: FASD Moving Forward International speakers will present the latest information around their research and programme related to supporting children with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder and offer practical strategies from their experiences. Hosted by: Fostering Kids NZ in association with Alcohol Healthwatch & FASD-CAN. To see more about the speakers, dates & locations, and how to register please click here to download the flyer.
- Media Release: 10/12/15 Piece meal approach to alcohol policy to blame for an increase in hazardous drinking rates
- Document: Action on Alcohol Plan 2013 -2018
Ministerial Forum on Alcohol Advertising and Sponsorship Report Released
The report from the Ministerial Forum on Alcohol Advertising and Sponsorship was released on Wednesday 17th December 2014. The Forum has made 14 recommendations focussed on restricting the exposure of minors to alcohol advertising and sponsorship. To read the recommendations in full click here.
You can view the Minister’s media release here: http://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/alcohol-forum-report-released
You can view the Forum’s full report here: http://www.health.govt.nz/publication/ministerial-forum-alcohol-advertising
You can view Alcohol Healthwatch’s media release here: : Alcohol Advertising and Sponsorship Forum commended for common sense
You can view Alcohol Action NZ media releases here: Government appears deeply ambivalent about alcohol marketing recommendations
Ministerial alcohol forum recommendations: a big step in the right direction
The government has signalled that there is more consultation to come and there will be no changes to the current systems before June 2015.
New Zealandís Alcohol Laws have changed
The Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 was passed on the 18th December 2012. This new legislation replaces the Sale of Liquor Act 1989. The new legislation came into force in stages with the final parts coming into force on the 18th December 2013.
For more information on these changes please click on the relevant tab on the left panel "Legislation" or below.